5 Most Common Briquette Machines Divided by Materials
Nowadays, all industries are implementing the environmental protection concept "Everyone has a responsibility to protect the environment". Many kinds of waste have been recycled and turned into treasures.
For example, construction waste can be recycled and crushed into building aggregates; powder produced by the mining process can be reused after processing; the desulfurization gypsum of the power plant can also be used to replace natural gypsum.
It is worth mentioning the briquette machine while talking about recycling.
Common briquette machines
Briquette machine is the most widely-used equipment that can press powder materials into a specific shape.
All these types of powder, waste, residue materials such as coal powder, iron powder, coking coal, aluminum powder, iron filings, iron oxide scale, carbon powder, carbon powder, slag, gypsum, tailings, sludge, kaolin, activated carbon, coke can be pressed.
Now, let's see the details of the 5 most common briquette machines.
Charcoal briquette machine
Charcoal powder is one of the products of wood that is incompletely burned or pyrolyzed under air-insulated conditions.
The main component of the charcoal is carbon, so it is generally used as a fuel.
How is charcoal powder produced?
It is produced by forestry residues, sawdust, and crop straw.
The main applications of the charcoal briquettes
- 1Heating: For most countries, charcoal briquette is widely used. Choosing charcoal briquettes is an economical method of keeping warm.
- 2BBQ: It is suitable for indirect grilling. The charcoal briquette is the best choice whether it is a large commercial barbecue or a home barbecue.
- 3Industrial silicon plant fuel: It can be used as a stove fuel.
- 4Smelting process fuel: Using for continuous heating.
application filed of charcoal briquettes
Advantages of the charcoal briquettes
First of all, the finished charcoal briquettes not only have the characteristics of smokeless, odorless, non-toxic, environment-friendly, but also has large heat, long burning time and are stable in heating.
Secondly, because the finished product has a specific shape, it is convenient for storage and handling. Besides, the finished product has a superiority that it is cheaper than other fuel.
Coal ash briquetting machine
Coal ash, commonly known as fly ash, refers to the dust and tailings collected from the coal-fired (including coal gangue and coal slime) smoke and the desulfurization and denitration ash generated in the production process of the thermal power plant.
Coal ash is fine ash collected from the flue gas after coal combustion. It looks like cement and the color is a cross between white and grayish black.
The coal ash particles have a porous honeycomb structure, a large surface area, and a high adsorption activity, and the particle size ranges from 0.5 to 300 microns. And the bead wall has a porous structure, the porosity is as high as 50%-80%, and has strong water absorption.
Coal ash source
- ACoal ash is the main solid waste discharged from the thermal power plant.
- BThe main solid waste generated by the boiler house.
- CCoal mine production line.
With the development of the power industry, the amount of coal ash discharged from the thermal power plant has increased year by year, making it one of the most industrial wastes with current displacement.
If there are too much coal ash, it will pollute the atmosphere; if it is discharged into the water system, it will cause the siltation of the river, and the toxic chemicals in it will harm the human body and organisms. For these reasons, human beings need to press it into briquettes.
Coal briquette machines in operation
The main application of the coal briquettes
- Used as a fuel. In many countries, coal powder is the main cooking fuel for the kitchen. The same pulverized coal is pressed into a specific shape and can burn more completely.
- Warm the houses. In many countries, people still use stoves to warm themselves.
- Used as cement admixture. The characteristic of coal ash determines it can be a perfect substitute for silicate cement.
Advantages of the coal briquettes
On the one hand, the environmental pollution of solid waste is reduced.
On the other hand, it is used as a raw material to obtain various benefits through processing. It can make coal powder burn more completely, get more heat energy and save resources, besides, it is clean and easy to store.
Mineral powder briquette machine
Main processing materials
Iron powder, mineral powder, iron oxide scale, steel slag, refractory, and other metallurgical powders.
Mineral powder source
- Blast furnace iron slag
- Converter steel slag
- By-products of various high-temperature smelting ores
- Tailings after ore mining
Before and after briquetting
- After processing, the metallurgical auxiliary materials and scraps are easy to use in the blast furnace.
- It is convenient to recycle and reuse tailings while improving efficiency. The finished product mainly used in the smelting process of blast furnace iron-making, steel-making, and other metal materials.
Advantages of the finished product
Heavy metal pollution is reduced from the source by processing metallurgical ore powder, and at the same time, raw materials can be completely utilized.
Quicklime dry powder briquette machine
The main component of quicklime (Lime) is calcium oxide (CaO), and the main component of limestone is calcium carbonate( CaCO3).
Source of quicklime
Mainly comes from the metallurgical industry waste.
The rate of raw material consumption and waste generation in the metallurgical process is staggering. As the plant operates, lime powder is continuously produced and piled up. Before too long, it will cause blockages and environmental pollution.
Since the lime can react with water and the reaction generates a lot of heat, it is also a safety hazard if the lime content in the waste is large.
However, if recycled, it is still a resource. Since it is powdery, it is difficult to store and transport. So, it is the most correct way to process it into chunks. Therefore, the quicklime dry powder briquette machines came into being.
The main application of the finished products
- Using directly into the furnace for smelting, increasing the added value
- It can be used as good desulfurized materials during the steel-making production.
- The quicklime briquettes can also be used to replace the lime block to smelt the calcium carbide in the production of calcium carbide.
The materials and the finished product of the quicklime powder
Advantages of the finished product
After the briquette press machine's processing, the quicklime powder is shaped and used more widely. Meanwhile, air pollution will be reduced.
Desulfurization gypsum briquette machine
Desulfuration gypsum, also known as flue gas desulfurization gypsum, sulfur gypsum or FGD gypsum, is industrial by-product gypsum obtained by desulfurization and purification of flue gas generated after combustion of sulfur-containing fuel (coal, oil, etc.).
According to the difference between the burning coal type and the dust removal effect of the flue gas, the desulfurized gypsum presents different colors from the appearance. Generally, the common ones are grayish-yellow or grayish-white, and the desulfurized gypsum of good quality is pure white color.
Desulfurization gypsum source
It mainly comes from the flue gas desulfurization process of the thermal power plant. Most of the power plants adopt the limestone-gypsum desulfurization process. At present, nearly 20 countries have adopted the flue gas desulfurization process in the world.
It uses a slurry made of limestone powder and water as an absorbent and is pumped into the absorption tower to be thoroughly mixed with the flue gas.
The sulfur dioxide in the flue gas is oxidized with calcium carbonate and air in the slurry to form calcium sulfate, and the calcium sulfate reaches a certain saturation, the calcium sulfate dihydrate will be crystallized, and then is discharged into the absorption tower, concentrated, dehydrated, and transported to a gypsum silo for stacking.
The main application of the finished product
- It can be used in the production of cement and can replace natural cement.
- It can be used in the chemical industry.
- Replace the natural gypsum to produce building materials.
- It can be used as a retarder.
Fote briquette machine
Advantages of the finished product
The price of desulfurization gypsum briquette is low. Compared to natural gypsum, desulfurized gypsum is renewable, the purity is higher, and the composition is more stable. It is easy to use after briquetting. People can make full use of the materials while reducing air pollution and dust pollution.
After the processing of the briquette machine, dust pollution is reduced, and the materials can be maximized.
The above is a brief introduction to the 5 most common materials in the briquette machine. If you have any questions about the article, please let us know by leaving a message or chatting online, we will reply in 24 hours.