Main parts of Raymond roller mill
Main parts of Raymond mill include grinding roller, grinding ring, powder collector, classifier, air blower, reducer, base plate, shovel, Raymond mill pendulum, star stack, etc.
Main materials of the parts: manganese(16Mn, 65Mn), High manganese steel, high chromium（Cr13、Cr23、Cr26）
4 types of casting processes: casting (liquid forming), pressure processing (plastic forming), welding, and powder metallurgy.
Used materials: limestone, calcite, calcium carbonate, dolomite, barite, talc, gypsum, diabase, quartzite, etc.
Parts and their functions
Raymond grinding roller materials usually are made of alloy steel, alloy carbon steel, ZG65Mn manganese alloy steel, ZGMn13 high manganese alloy steel.
Among them, alloy steel and high-quality alloy carbon steel have better wear resistance and are suitable for softer or low-hardness materials.
Functions of grinding rollerThe feeding material is ground by two forces: one is a mutual force from the revolution of the grinding ring plus the friction of the grinding roller itself, and the other is outward centrifugal force from the rotation of the grinding roller.
The material used to make the grinding ring is the same as grinding rollers. Most Raymond mill manufacturers are more likely to apply manganese alloy steel due to its good wear resistance and low cost.
Grinding ring function
The grinding ring is also the basic accessory. The grinding roller squeezes the grinding ring under the centrifugal force to crush the material which is shoveled to the space between the grinding roller and grinding ring.
The role of the grinding ring is to cooperate with the grinding roller to complete the grinding process.
Shovel of Raymond roller mill
The shovel is made of alloy material with advantages of durability and wear resistant.
How does the shovel work?
The material is shoveled to proceed with a high-speed rotation along the grinding ring.
Then the force generated by the shovel panel and shovel side panel throws the raw material into the space between the grinding roller and grinding ring to complete the grinding process.
The only effect of air blower is to blow the ground material into the classifier.
Mainly used to control the powder fineness of Raymond mill.
Driven by the motor, the classifier going through the two-stage deceleration rotates the blades of the turntable then classified the powder into different sizes.
In the air collector, powder separates from the air and falls from the discharging port. Air with fines enters the dust collector and is released out after being processed.
The normal operation of Raymond mill relies on the cooperation of various parts. So, if the finished product is too fine or too coarse, it will not be caused only by one part but by poor fit.
Disassemble and Installation of important parts of Raymond roller mill
Removal steps of the grinding roller of Raymond mill
- 1Remove the protective cover on the left side of the Raymond mill body, the V-belt and the double pulley on the fast roller shaft.
- 2Remove the gear box and the large and small gears on the right side of the fuselage.
- 3Disassemble the pull rod spring assembly, remove the grinding door and the four bearing seat assemblies. At this time, the grinding roller can be gently taken out from the grinding door.
Installation of griding roller and grinding ring
During installation, the grinding roller should be installed in the correct position in the reverse order of disassembly.
Disassembly of a vibrating hammer
- 1Remove the lock ring and 6 bolts used to fix the grinding roller and cover to the oil sleeve.
- 2In order to prevent soiling of the ground, the spilled oil must be collected.
- 3Use a socket wrench to loosen the support nut that fixes the oil sleeve on the shaft of the vibrating hammer.
- 4Finally, take the oil jacket out of the vibrating hammer.
Installation of a vibrating hammer
- 1Before assembly, the bearings in the vibrating hammer must be lubricated.
- 2Push the oil sleeve carefully onto the shaft of the vibrating hammer and check its rotation.
- 3Then tighten the axial bearing with a nut.
Replacement of a shovel
- 1Check whether the marks of the shovel bracket and the support shaft are match with each other.
- 2Loosen the three hexagonal caps and bolts that link the bracket and the shovel support shaft
- 3Take out the shovel from the support frame.
Installation of shovel
- 1Re-riveting new 1. shovel brackets. Heat each new round head rivet on the support shaft with a heater.
- 2Put the new round head rivet into the drill hole from below. When the drill hole is filled, the support shaft is tightened.
- 3Wait the pedestal to be cooled to ambient temperature, and then complete the installation.
The removal of rotor
- 1If the cross head part of the rotor or the inside of the bearing is damaged, the rotor needs to be taken out of the Raymond mill.
- 2Remove half of the grinding hood on the classifier, and remove the vibrating hammer and shovel support
- 3All bolts connecting the main shaft and the lower grinding cover must be loosened from the bottom.
- 4Pull out all the lubricating oil pipes, loosen the cam ring of the rotating coupling to remove the rubber packing.
- 5There are four threaded holes on the pitch circle of the previously loosened bolts, and long hexagon bolts can be used to force the rotor out of the base in a balanced manner.
Repair and maintenance of Raymond roller mill parts
- Add oil to the oil cup of the main engine twice per shift;
- Add butter to the grinding roller bearing once per shift.
- The bearings of air blow and classifier should be cleaned with butter once a week.
- It is strictly forbidden for metal impurities to enter the body.
- Stop feeding for one minute before shutting down, then stop the host, and finally stop the air blower and classifier.
Internal impurities should be cleaned up. Only when all tests on the positions of the empty machine are normal can Raymond roller mill be put into production.
Fote Raymond Mill Parts and Supply Service
- 1Fote raymond roller mill adopts a new energy-saving roller.
- 2The roller is installed in the core sleeve, and the bearings are in the core sleeve, therefore, the middle and upper sections form a closed chamber. That design is to prevent dust from entering and ensure that the bearing runs in the lubrication room.
- 3The classifier adopts blade type and can reach fineness with 325 mesh, which is especially suitable for small output.
- 4The shape of the air blower and observation door are arc, which aims to reduce wind resistance and improve production efficiency.
- 5The discharge of the Raymond mill powder collector is based on the lever principle, which means that the material can be automatically discharged after reaching a certain weight.
- 6The material of the shovel and the shovel seat and the main body is Q235 while the front half of the shovel is made of wear-resistant steel Q345.
Fote Machinery adequately supplies customers with various parts of Raymond roller mill, such as main engine, Grinding roller and grinding ring, air blower, powder classifier, cyclone powder collector, dust collector, pipeline device, and motor, etc.
Common Q&As of parts of Raymond mills
|Material fineness does not meet the requirements
1. Low classifier rotor speed
2. Classifier rotor wear
3. Sealed air line is blocked
4. The sealing gap is too large
1.The classifier speed is too high
2.The crushed material adheres to the pipe wall
The star-shaped feeder has not been adjusted to the proper opening or has been blocked
After maintenance or inspection, the access door or inspection hole is still open (a large amount of air leakage)
1.The pressure of the bag filter is too high
2.Supply pressure of compressed the air
3.Chamber or the compensator of the system causes air leakage due to wear
4.Materials gather in the mill, classifier or pipeline
|Too high noise during operation
|The motor current indication is low
1. Low load
2. No material or material accumulation in the hopper
3. The feeding control device is abnormal
|The motor current indication of the mill is too high
1. The rotating parts of the mill or the bearings are damaged
2. Pipe Blocks Shovel wear The classifier speed is too high