What is a jaw crusher machine?
Jaw crusher, invented by Whitney Blake in 1858, is a primary stone crushing machine for reducing minerals or stones into smaller sizes. It is a must-have machine in wide range of fields like mining, quarrying, and construction industries.
The most important parts are jaw plates made of high-manganese-steel, which makes jaw crushers suit for the rock materials with any hardness.
jaw crushers working vedio
stone crushing plant: Get Latest Price
How many types of jaw crushers?
According to the different movement of the movable jaw, jaw crushers are divided into two types: one is single toggle jaw crusher, the other is double toggle jaw crusher.
Double jaw crushers
- 1It is suitable for crushing material which is hard, abrasive, and contains glass or rebar.
- 2It is heavy-duty, and many jaw crusher parts are involved in crushing process without rotary motion.
- 3A double jaw crusher crushes stone only by two jaw plates, which mean that the feeding material would be reduced when the two jaws compressed with each other.
- 4Eccentric is behind the swinging jaws, which can protect the eccentric form damages.
Single Jaw Crushers
- 1Working principle of single toggle jaw crushers is that swing jaw plate that’s moving up/ down as the flywheel rotated by the motor.
- 2The eccentric is located at the top of the swinging jaw, which makes the jaw can perform two motions at the same time.
- 3Large CSS adjustments are made to the jaw crusher by modifying the length of the toggle.
- 4Again, shims allow for minor gap adjustments as they are inserted between the mainframe and the toggle block.
Working process and jaw crusher parts
how does a jaw crusher work?
The movable jaw moving from side to side is hung on the mandrel. When the eccentric shaft is turning, its connecting rod moves up and down, which also drives the two toggle plates to do the same movement. Then the moveable jaw moves from side to side to realize crushing and unloading.
Although the movable jaw bears great broken counter-force and the eccentric shaft and the connecting rod bears little stress, industrial enterprises usually make large and middle size machine to crush hard materials. Additionally, the moving track of the movable jaw is an arc with the mandrel as its center.
The circular arc radius equals the distance from the point to the axis with the upper arc being smaller and the lower arc bigger. The crushing efficiency of the jaw crusher is quite high and the crushing ratio is 3-6.
The main parts and usage of jaw crusher
|Frame||Keep the machine in place and protect it to reduce the abrasion.|
|Jaw plate||Be used to crush stone materials, fix and protect movable jaw and fixed jaw.|
|Cheek plate||Cheek plates for protection of side plates.|
|Wear plate||Protect the front frame end.|
|Movable system||Be composed of mobile jaw, eccentric shaft and belt pulley, etc. to drive the machine.|
We all know that jaw plate is the most easily worn parts among various of parts installed in jaw crusher. Therefore, in order to use the machine efficiently, the jaw plate should be checked and replaced regularly.
Regular ways of protecting jaw plates
Main advantages and characters of jaw crusher:Large capacity
Faster throughput, more capacity
The jaw crusher can deliver up to 25% more tones per hour (tph) than other comparable crushers.
Downtime is dead time
The jaw crusher is engineered to maximize uptime
- Heavy-duty, single-sided base construction
- Stress relieved to regain original strength properties
- Heavy-duty flywheels are large, dynamically balanced
- Reduce peak horsepower requirements, yielding greater efficiencies
Lower jaw die seats
- Replaceable seat liners add extra protection
- Common flinger collar between the saddle block bearing and the pitman bearing allows bearing to be located closer together, which gives less bending stress of the eccentric shaft.
- Greater bearing and eccentric shaft longevity
Dual wedged adjustment
Quick and easy css adjustment eliminates manual shims, and enhances operator safety
Best inset saddle blocks
Bearing bolted into saddle ensures correct bearing and shaft alignment thus prolonging the service life
Jaw crusher price: Get Latest Price
Customer case - Jaw crusher for sale in Indonesia
In June 2020, a customer from the Indonesia bought a jaw crusher(spesifikasi jaw crusher) produced by Fote Company to process limestone. According his production and final product demand, we recommand him this jaw stone crusher with capacity of 800t/h.
The specific information is as follows:
|Capacity||800 T/H (1m³=1.6T)|
|Raw material hardness||Soft|
|Feeding size||≤1020 mm|
|Production line type||Fixed|
|Several finished products||5|
|Finished product specifications||0-5 mm, 5-10 mm, 10-20 mm, 20-30 mm, 20-40 mm, 40-80 mm|
Jaw crusher wroking at the site of Indonesia
FTM Machinery- high-quality jaw crushers manufacturer
Powerful Manufacturer: Fote Heavy Machinery Co., Ltd. is a high-tech enterprise integrating R&D, production, sales and service.
Sold Worldwide: Our jaw crushers are exported to India, Indonesia, Philippines and other countries in South and Southeast Asia, Africa and the Americas.
FTM has customers all over the world
Glorious History: In the past 37 years, the company has been committed to crushing equipment, beneficiation equipment, building materials equipment and industrial grinding equipment, providing high-grade sand and gravel solutions and high-end complete sets of equipment for large-scale projects such as highways, railways and hydropower.
Customers' satisfaction: The development of Fote always catches up with the development trend of the market, as a result, the quality of the crusher produced by Fote is guaranteed, and we always gain good feedback from the market.
High-quality Machine: This is mainly due to the crusher's characteristics of high reduction ratio, high productivity, simple structure and reliable performance. And maintenance is convenient and practical.
Fote Heavy Machinery(FTM)
Adjusting range of discharge opening
Rotation speed of eccentric shaft
Adjusting range of discharge opening