Which Type of Crusher is Suitable for Processing Granite
Granite is the oldest building material in this earth and widely used in various industries such as building, road and bridge construction, etc.
The main component of granite is silicon dioxide, and its hardness is six to seven when compared to Moh’s hardness. Natural granite has different shapes and needs to be crushed to meet the demand for materials in various fields.
With the development of stone crushing and the occurrence of new materials and advanced techniques, there are more and more granite crushers in the market, and the differences in their prices are widening.
This article will compare the common crushers in this market based on the features of granite, and help you choose the best and most reasonable granite crusher.
The feature of granite
Natural granite is a kind of igneous rock, also called acid crystalline plutonic rock, which belongs to hard stone. It is made of feldspar, quartz and a small amount of mica. The granite is dense and has a granular structure.
The color of granite depends on the colors and distributions of feldspar, a small amount of mica and the melanocratic mineral. The colors are usually gray, red, roseate, or gray alternating with red.
After processing and polishing, the surface of granite will form a beautiful speckled pattern with different shades of color. The pattern is characterized by fine and uniform grains, with star-liked mica highlights and sparkling quartz crystals.
The physical characteristics of granite
|Physical characteristics||Numerical value|
|Quartz content||10% to 50%|
|Moh’s hardness||6 to 7|
Granite crusher selection considerations
Granite is a material with high hardness and high silicon content, which is difficult to crush in actual crushing operations, or it is relatively high in crushing cost. If an unsuitable crusher is selected, the damage speed of the wear parts will be accelerated, and it will need to be replaced even in a few days, and the running cost will increase.
2. Grain shape
Since granite is a brittle material, the improper crusher will increase the content of the needle-like material and increase the internal crack of the finished product, thereby reducing the application range and increasing the production cost.
Two or more crusher types will be used in the granite crushing process, so the combination of crusher is especially important. A good production line will make the crushing process run more smoothly, and save labor power and material resources while increasing production.
The crushing of ore can not avoid the generation of dust. The diffusion of dust will not only pollute the environment, but may cause downtime if it is slightly inadvertent. Therefore, when the crusher is selected, its sealing system and dust control methods should be perfect.
Under the background of environmental protection, reducing noise interference is also one of the channels for environmental protection. Therefore, when choosing a crusher, noise issues should also be taken into account.
Common granite crusher
Jaw crusher is commonly used for crushing granite. It has a large crushing force and strong pressure resistance, and the highest compressive strength of the crushed material can reach up to 320MPa.
It is often used as the primary crushing equipment of granite and the large granite can be crushed to a particle size of less than 100 mm. During the crushing process of granite, a piece of granite is crushing by shearing, breaking, splitting and extrusion which makes the finished product more solid.
Cone crusher adopts the principle of intergranular lamination to crush the granite, replacing the traditional single particle crushing principle.
It not only realizes the selective crushing of materials but also significantly increases the product fines ratio and cube content, greatly reducing the needle-like materials and the wear on the parts.
In addition, the cone crusher also uses modular design. Through the replacement of the cavity type, it can realize the conversion of coarse, medium and fine crushing, improve the production efficiency, and also meet the large production demand.
In response to the call for environmental protection and to solve the dust and noise pollution, Fote Heavy Machinery has made the following improvements on the original basis of cone crusher:
- 1Adding the complete dust collection and dust reduction device
- The spraying systems are equipped at the discharge port of the cone crusher and the key parts of the screening and conveying to humidify the dry materials and increase their weight, which can effectively suppress and reduce the dust pollution.
- A complete dust collecting system is arranged in the crusher side to effectively reduce dust pollution from the source.
- 2There is equipped with advanced noise dilution device
- The dilution of noise first passes through the environmental protection layer built into the cone crusher. This wear-resistant buffer layer not only dilutes the noise but also protects the machine and reduces the noise around workers.
The impact crusher uses the high-speed hitting of the plate hammer to break the stone and the reaction force of the lining to crush the granite by continuous impact, shearing, and collision. The impact crusher has a compact structure, strong rigidity, safe operation and reliable production, and is suitable for medium and fine crushing.
However, the hammer and counter-attack plate of the impact crusher is easy to wear. Especially when crushing hard rocks such as granite, the wear is more serious and the wear parts need to be replaced frequently, which not only increases production costs but also extends downtime.
The hammer crusher crushes the ore through the high-speed hitting of the hammer. It has a very good effect of making sand and can process the finished product in uniform particle size once.
However, the hammer is easy to wear and is not suitable for crushing hard, sticky and wet materials (water content exceeding 10%). Due to the high hardness of the granite, the hammer may be seriously damaged during the crushing process, thereby increasing the production cost.
The sand making machine is the common equipment for making granite sand, and it can process granite into three kinds of aggregate products of 0-5mm, 0-8mm and 0-15mm.
Sand making machine
The granite aggregate processed by the sand making machine has a solid shape, strong adhesion and long durability, and is widely used in highways, railways, bridges, airports, real estate and other fields.
If the material requirements are low, the jaw crusher and the cone crusher are required to crush the granite. Or else, the sand making machine should be added for the final shaping of the material.
Solutions of granite crushing production line:
After the above analysis, the cone crusher is most suitable for granite material processing, so the schemes are as follows:
- 1Vibrating feeder → jaw crusher → cone crusher → vibrating screen
- 2Vibrating feeder → jaw crusher → cone crusher → vibrating screen → sand making machine → vibrating screen
Scheme 2 is suitable for customers who have high requirements for the size and shape of aggregate.
The detailed description of the granite crushing production process:
Taking the equipment configuration in the second scheme as an example, the specific crushing process of granite is as follows:
- 1Coarse (primary) crushing: the large stone is uniformly fed into the jaw crusher by the vibrating feeder for coarse crushing;
- 2 Secondary crushing: the coarse crushed stone is sent to the cone crusher by a belt conveyor for further fine crushing;
- 3 Screening and sand making: the finely crushed stone material is sent to the vibrating screen by the belt conveyor. Then the materials which meet the requirement of sand making will be sent into sand making machine for making sand, and others will be returned into cone crusher for re-fine crushing;
- 4 Finished screening: the materials processed by the sand making machine are sent to the vibrating screen for screening.
- The material that larger than the particle is returned to the sand making machine and continue to be crushed. The small material is sent to the sand washing machine for cleaning. The cleaned material is sent to the finished product pile by the conveyor.
Feedback of users:
- 1The entire granite crushing production line requires almost no manual operation except for the start-up, shutdown and routine maintenance of the equipment.
- 2The finished product of the sand and gravel treated by the production line has a uniform particle size, good granular shape and low output rate of stone powder, which can fully meet the demand of strict requirements.
- 3The entire production line has high production efficiency, low operating cost and high profit.
Since the establishment of Fote Heavy Machinery, it has always been aiming at the needs of customers, taking product quality as a development path and focusing on the production of heavy mining machinery and equipment.
If you have any problems with the product and production line, please contact FTM, we will answer you as soon as possible.