6 Types of Sand Making Machine and How to Choose the Best
Natural sand has always been one of the most needed resources for the construction industry. However, as it has become increasingly depleted, the production of high-quality natural sand has been unable to meet the demand of the construction industry.
With the development of sand making technology, artificial sand has unique advantages over natural sand in terms of performance, size and shape.
Replacing natural sand with artificial sand
Therefore, replacing natural sand with artificial sand has become an inevitable trend for the sustainable development of the construction industry. So, what kinds of sand making machines are there? How to choose the best artificial sand making machine?
What are the 6 types of sand making machines?
HVI sand making machine Yes! I'm interested
The HVI sand making machine can process 70-585 THP with a maximum feeding size of 55 mm. Adopting the best material impact angle design of crushing chamber, it can realize sand making and shaping, so its finished products have even particle size.
Applicable materials: HVI sand making machine can be applied to a wide range of materials, whether it is high-hardness materials such as river pebble, granite, basalt, iron ore, or low-hardness materials such as bluestone, weathered stone, and gypsum. HVI sand making machine can be adjusted according to the characteristics of materials.
- With shaping function, its finished products have uniform size and excellent grain shape.
- The peripheral guard plate can turn up and down to extend its service life.
- It only needs to replace the worn parts of combined throwing head, which can reduce the use cost by 30%.
- The lubrication method can be selected and the modular design of the thin oil type and the grease type of the bearing chamber can be interchanged as a whole.
- Output: Not as good as VSI sand making machine.
- Price: Higher.
VSI sand making machine Yes! I'm interested
VSI sand making machine, also called high-efficiency vertical shaft impact crusher, has a processing capacity of 60-650 t/h and maximum feed size of 55 mm. It has strong processing capacity, strong material adjustability and high sand making efficiency.
Applicable materials: Same as HVI sand making machine, it is suitable for materials with different hardness.
- Under the same conditions, its output can be about 10% higher than that of an HVI sand making machine.
- The fineness modulus is adjustable and controllable, and the gradation is uniform.
- With thin oil lubrication, automatic maintenance, high transmission efficiency, good cooling effect, its power consumption can be reduced by 10-40% at the same capacity.
- Hydraulic cap opening device is convenient for overhaul, inspection and maintenance.
The grain shape of finished product of VSI sand making machine is not as good as that of HVI sand making machine.
Roller crusher Yes! I'm interested
The roller crusher is a crushing equipment that uses a pair of round rolls or irregular rolls rotating in opposite direction for crushing. Its feed particle size is ≤ 30mm, and the processing capacity is 5-110 t/h.
Applicable materials: The roller crusher can be used for medium and fine crushing of medium-hard and soft ores. It is generally suitable for crushing and sand-making of coal, raw coal, coal gangue, etc., so it can be applied in mining, metallurgy, building materials, coal mines and other fields.
- Cubic finished product: No secondary processing is required, which saves working time and cost.
- Long service life and easy maintenance: Replaceable wear-resistant liner on the grinding roller.
- Less over-crushing phenomenon: The tooth shape, size and arrangement on the roller surface can be changed with the nature of the material.
- High yield rate: The yield rate after shaping and crushing is almost 100%.
Although the grain shape and gradation distribution of the roller crusher machine is better than that of the hammer crusher, it is worse than that of HVI and VSI sand making machines.
Compound crusher Yes! I'm interested
The compound crusher is a small-scale sand making equipment. Its output is designed to be between 5-100 tons per hour with little energy consumption, so it saves the use cost. At the same time, the compound sand making machine has very high compressive strength.
Applicable materials: The compound crusher is suitable for materials such as limestone, dolomite, sandstone, medium-soft iron ores, small metal ores, etc.
Compound crusher: a small-scale sand making equipment
- Discharging port: No grate and clogging.
- Material moisture: Materials with high moisture content can be processed.
- Noise: With a low decibel of less than 75, it is one of the few relatively low noise sand making equipment.
- Material temperature: With the cooling system and bearing temperature detection device, it can crush high-temperature materials below 150°C.
- Cost: It has a low cost and long service life.
- When the hardness of the crushed material is relatively high, choosing a compound crusher may result in incomplete particle size and unsightly specifications.
- Materials with higher crushing hardness will also cause serious wear of the compound crusher parts, so the parts need to be replaced frequently.
- The content of stone powder in the finished product is slightly high, and the discharge is too fine.
Hammer crusher Yes! I'm interested
The feed particle size of hammer crusher is ≤200-≤350mm, and the production capacity is 50-900t/h. The finished product produced by crushing of hammer crusher can reach below 6 mm.
Applicable materials: It is suitable for crushing gypsum, brick, limestone, coal, compound fertilizer or other brittle materials of medium and low hardness.
- The stone is self-pulverized in the crushing cavity, which greatly reduces the consumption of the hammer and other wear-resistant parts.
- High crushing ratio, output and yield.
- Due to its large output and simple equipment structure, its operating costs are low.
- It takes a long time to replace the grate when adjusting the particle size, granularity and fineness modulus of the product.
- Due to hammerhead impact crushing, the finished product has high powder content and poor grain shape.
Mobile sand making machine Yes! I'm interested
The mobile sand making machine can be directly driven into the site for the sand making and screening work, which not only effectively improves the work efficiency, but is also convenient in operation.
Applicable materials: The mobile sand-making machine can handle the fine operation of sand and gravel materials, such as some stone chips, tailings and even construction waste.
Fote mobile sand making machine
- It not only eliminates complicated site installation, but also reduces material transportation, working hours and improves work efficiency.
- The diversified design increases the flexibility of the equipment. It can be matched with a variety of equipment to carry out rough, medium and fine processing of materials to meet various needs of customers.
- The equipment has various dust-proof devices, which can help realize green and environmentally friendly production during work, and provide a good working environment for the staff.
Which artificial sand making machine is better?
Which sand making machine is better? How to choose the sand making machine that suits you? Please choose according to the following three steps:
1. What is your investment budget?
If you have sufficient funds, a mobile sand making machine is the best one. It is suitable for various fields with high work efficiency, so it can meet your various needs. In the next place, you can choose the sand making machine or hammer crusher.
What is your investment budget?
If your fund is limited, you can choose a roller sand making machine or a compound crusher with low output and low price. When the effect is good, choose large-scale equipment.
2. What is your material to be crushed?
If the material you crush is large, you can directly choose a hammer crusher or a jaw crusher for coarse crushing + sand making machine.
What is your material to be crushed?
If your material is humid or hard, you can choose the compound crusher or roller crusher.
If the crushing site is not fixed, you can choose the mobile sand making machine, which can switch equipment and sites according to your needs.
3. What are your capacity and finished product requirements?
If you want a high capacity, choose a hammer crusher. Its disadvantage is that the finished grain is not as good as other sand making machines.
Different types of sand making machines
For low output, choose compound crusher or roller crusher. If you want to balance the output and the grain shape of the finished product, you can choose a sand making machine or a mobile sand making machine.